02 February, 2011

and another one

Day two for winter weather keeping the kids at home. Yes, it is cold (-15.1 degrees F. as I type) but it is going to warm up a bit more than yesterday. Maybe we'll get up to positive 7! Day two = not as much fun for me as day one. I feel a little sheepish even complaining when places like Chicago are getting slammed with snow, ice and wind.

Also as I type, I'm watching a house finch and a junco fill up their bellies at the feeder. Stayin' alive! Tomorrow we should be back up to 36 degrees or so. That's great news for the birds. 

2 comments:

Krispy said...

complain away. it is cold no matter where you live or what you think you are used to!

peevish said...

I didn't realize I was complaining! Besides, having the kids home for 2 weekdays in a row bothers me way more than the cold.